Am I eligible for OBU degree in Applied Accounting?
UPDATE: OBU has removed the requirement to opt-in and added an alternative route for demonstrating currency of knowledge.
It can be confusing at times to determine whether you are eligible to complete the OBU degree in Applied Accounting. The OBU Information Pack contains a list of requirements to help you determine your eligibility.
To be awarded the Oxford Brookes BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting you must:
- Have passed the three ACCA Applied Skills examinations Financial Reporting (was F7), Audit and Assurance (was F8) and Financial Management (was F9).
- Have passed, or gained exemption from, the other six papers at the Knowledge Level and Skills Level. Note that conditional exemptions do not qualify you to submit the RAP.
- Have completed the ACCA Ethics and Professional Skills module (or the previous Professional Ethics module) as per the stated OBU deadline.
- Be up-to-date with the payment of your ACCA subscription fees. You cannot submit a RAP if your ACCA account is suspended.
- Demonstrate currency of knowledge by either:
- passing your RAP within 10 years of the earliest of: the date of your first ACCA examination pass, or the date of your first ACCA exemption being granted, OR
- passing 3 ACCA examinations (Applied Skills or Strategic Professional) within 5 years of submission of your RAP, OR
- being a full member of ACCA of good standing (this means having up to date CPD record)
As a student holding exemptions for ACCA Applied Skills examinations Financial Reporting (was F7), Audit and Assurance (was F8) and Financial Management (was F9), then you may contact ACCA to forfeit these in order to be eligible for the BSc. Once you have forfeited your exemption you cannot reverse this decision.
As a member who gained exemptions from Financial Reporting (was F7), Audit and Assurance (was F8) and Financial Management (was F9) you are not eligible for the degree.
For members, OBU will check your membership record with ACCA to confirm that your CPD is up to date, so there is no need to provide OBU with confirmation of this.
There is no requirement to submit an English language qualification such as IELTS to ACCA for approval as OBU has aligned their English Language Proficiency requirements with those of ACCA.