Am I eligible for OBU degree in Applied Accounting?
To be awarded the Oxford Brookes BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting you must:
- Be registered with Oxford Brookes University i.e. have met the English language requirement and have opted-in to the BSc degree scheme before passing any of the three ACCA Skills Level papers Financial Reporting (was F7), Audit and Assurance (was F8) and Financial Management (was F9).
- Have passed the three ACCA Skills Level papers Financial Reporting (was F7), Audit and Assurance (was F8) and Financial Management (was F9) and have passed, or gained exemption from, the other six papers at the Knowledge Level and Skills Level at least two months prior to the start of the submission period in which you are seeking to submit. Note that conditional exemptions do not qualify you to submit the RAP.
- Have completed the ACCA Ethics and Professional Skills module (or the previous Professional Ethics module) as per the stated OBU deadline.
- Be within 10 years of the earliest of: the date of your first ACCA examination pass, or the date of your first ACCA exemption being granted. Otherwise, your eligibility will be withdrawn.
- Be up-to-date with the payment of your ACCA subscription fees. You cannot submit a RAP if your ACCA account is suspended.
If you are unsure about your eligibility, refer to myACCA which will tell you whether or not you have opted into the degree scheme and whether or not you are eligible.
Another resource you can use to check your eligibility is the OBU submission website. Once registered, the dashboard will display the reasons as to why you can’t submit your RAP. For more details, read my Where do I submit my RAP article.
If you are not eligible for the degree programme, then it will be for one of the following reasons:
1. You ticked the box on your ACCA registration form stating you did not wish to join the Oxford Brookes University degree programme
- If you are yet to complete the three Skills Level papers listed above, you may be able to opt back in to the BSc degree by contacting email@example.com. le Papers F7, F8 and F9, you may opt back into the BSc degree by contacting ACCA Connect (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you have already passed ANY of the three Skills Level papers listed above, then, unfortunately, it is now too late to opt back into the degree programme.
- If you hold exemptions for any of the three Skills Level papers listed above, then you may contact ACCA to forfeit these in order to remain eligible. This must be done before sitting any of the three papers. Once you have forfeited your exemption you cannot reverse this decision.
- You are relying on your pass for ACCA paper F4 Corporate and Business Law to meet the English language requirement for entry to the programme. Paper F4 is only accepted as evidence of meeting the English requirement if it was taken on or before June 2014, as after that date the examination became computer-based. To find out more, read my What does ACCA/OBU deem to be proof of English language proficiency? article.
- If you are in any doubt as to whether you meet the English language requirements of the degree programme, please check with ACCA at email@example.com quoting your ACCA number.