Am I eligible for OBU degree in Applied Accounting?
It can be confusing at times to determine whether you’re eligible to complete the OBU degree in Applied Accounting. The OBU Information Pack contains a list of requirements to help you determine your eligibility. If you are still unsure about your eligibility after reading this article, then please contact ACCA directly.
To be awarded the Oxford Brookes BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting you must:
- Be registered with Oxford Brookes University i.e. have opted-in to the BSc degree scheme.
- Have passed the three ACCA Applied Skills examinations Financial Reporting (was F7), Audit and Assurance (was F8) and Financial Management (was F9).
- Have passed, or gained exemption from, the other six papers at the Knowledge Level and Skills Level. Note that conditional exemptions do not qualify you to submit the RAP.
- Have completed the ACCA Ethics and Professional Skills module (or the previous Professional Ethics module) as per the stated OBU deadline.
- Be within 10 years of the earliest of: the date of your first ACCA examination pass, or the date of your first ACCA exemption being granted. Otherwise, your eligibility will be withdrawn.
- Be up-to-date with the payment of your ACCA subscription fees. You cannot submit a RAP if your ACCA account is suspended.
The degree must be completed within 10 years of the earliest of the date of your first ACCA examination pass or the date of your first ACCA exemption being granted otherwise your eligibility will be withdrawn.
If you are unsure about your eligibility, refer to myACCA which will tell you whether or not you have opted into the degree scheme and whether or not you are eligible.
Another resource you can use to check your eligibility is the OBU submission website. Once registered, the dashboard will display the reasons as to why you can’t submit your RAP. For more details, read my Where do I submit my RAP article.
If you are not eligible for the degree programme, then it will be for the following reasons:
1. You ticked the box on your ACCA registration form stating you did not wish to join the Oxford Brookes University degree programme.
- You may be able to opt back in to the BSc degree by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you hold exemptions for any of the three Skills Level papers listed above, then you may contact ACCA to forfeit these in order to remain eligible. This must be done before sitting any of the three papers. Once you have forfeited your exemption you cannot reverse this decision.